Thursday, April 28, 2011

I would like to introduce to you, Domino. Domino, this is Newton.

Newton and I had the great opportunity of dog sitting another cool pooch Domino.  She was with us for almost a week.  She is a deaf 9 year old Australian cattle dog with a heart of gold.  Her being a sheperd type and Newton a herder type, they were herding all day everyday inside and outside of the house.  Sheesh!  Good old fashioned doggy good times but I was afraid they would knock my guitar off it's stand or knock one of the houseplants.

Domino couldn't fit into Newton's dog door...



Anyway, it's very different having a deaf dog in the house.  Verbal commands don't do so well with her and Newton barking and trying to chat with her was a really funny thing to watch.  Touching her back or petting her always caught her attention and if Newton was on patrol or barking at something out of place she would join right along.

This was a good social experience for Newton.  Maybe we don't need to get another dog.  I know I don't mind dog sitting, of course only if the other dog gets along with Newton, and Newton doesn't mind either!

BFFs



No comments:

Post a Comment